Sunday, August 28, 2016

Flames of War... Battle Report

Rob and I dusted off our "Flames of War" stuff and had a free for
Initial positions. That is the Airborne troops in the woods.

Here s my side of the table at the start. Grenadiers in the woods going for the objective!!!

My Grenadiers assaulting Robs MG"s.... Epic melee action!!!

The center after an allied air attack. Though, the Brummbars got some revenge later!!!
all game today at Great Escape games.

Rob had 1500 pts of USA Airborne troops. and I had 1500 pts. of German Grenadiers.

Rob had two infantry platoons, some pack 75mm guns, some mortars and some 57mm anti tank guns. As well as full air support and a machine gun platoon too!!

I had three infantry platoons, a heavy MG pltn, 105mm gun battery, scout platoon, some snipers and lastly... a Brummbar platoon!!!!

I deployed an infantry and scout platoon plus HQ, in the wooded on my left flank. Two infantry platoons in the center. The Hvy MG's in the woods on my right flank. And the 105"s and Brummbars in reserve.

I surged forward through the woods on my left flank with my infantry and HQ... In the center and right flank I dug in. I bombared his right flank. And charged his machine gun positions there!!! There was a brutal fire fight and melee!!!

My Grenadiers wiped out his MG Platoon. But Robs airborne troops were very tough and really mauled my lads!!! I pulled them back into the woods and regrouped.

The center was calm.

On my right flank Rob advanced toward the objective that lay there. His two infantry platoons never got close to there objective. They got shot up pretty bad by Hvy MGs, snipers and Brummbars!!!

My guys got bombed a lot by planes and artillery but not to badly.

My Brummbars really took it to some paratroopers that took cover in a built up area. "Bunker Busters"....

Well, the game went well. We both had a great time and relearned a great game system! We will be playing Flames of War more often....

The game acme out to a draw. We were both about in the same shape and neither had gotten an objective in the 3 hours that we played.  Great Fun!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment